Saturday, November 10, 2012

An Angel For Haiti

Last night I participated in our town's Gallery Hop celebration and had the time of my life!!  I'd like to say that I sold a bunch of things, but not so.  No worries...money is not everything.  Sometimes the joy of meeting a fellow artisan and being in their company is worth more than its weight in gold!  Such was the case last night when I was blessed to be stationed right next to Yolantha Pace....a woman I recognized from out and about town, but had never formally met.  I had no idea she is an artist...nor did I know she is an angel here on earth!!  I was so intrigued by her story about her wonderful dolls...of course I had to have one!

It seems that Yolantha was in Haiti before the horrible earthquake in Port-au-Prince and was playing with some local children.  After she left, the earthquake hit and all of those children were killed.  She said she was shattered....couldn't sleep at all.  One night she was having a particularly hard time and got up.  God gave her a vision to create dolls in the images of some of the children and she began sewing.  The dolls spoke clearly to me...I just fell in love!!  The money for the dolls will be for Haiti as she travels there this next week.  She will be in my prayers on her journey.  She truly is "Haiti's Angel" in my humble opinion!  If you, too, are in love with these dolls contact me and I will make sure she gets your contact information!

The doll in the middle with the wild abandon hair and the big heart was the one I chose....who could pass her up???  I hardly ever go for anything predictable and when I got a load of her braids, cute smirk and her Big-As-Texas heart, I had to make her my own!!!



No comments :

Post a Comment