Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sew....EXCITED!!!

Yesterday I grabbed my mail, threw it in my back seat, and headed back to work for a night of team building activities....arrived home around 9:30 and decided to weed through the stack when my eyes fell upon THIS!  I had to read this FOUR TIMES before it sunk in that I was actually IN THIS MAGAZINE!!  About a year ago I had submitted my stitched hearts to Sew Somerset....never thinking I would make it in.  In fact, I had totally forgotten about sending them!!!
Like all of the other Stampington magazines, Sew Somerset is the bomb!  It has always been a dream of mine to be ANY of their fab publications!!
I'm toward the end...back in the "Gallery" section, which is FINE WITH ME!!  To be anywhere in the magazine is an honor--I'm not picky!!  I don't believe this has been released yet (the winter edition), but I'm anxious for it to hit the news stands!  My stitched hearts are 20% off in my store right now, too!  Head over to themadcutter.etsy.com!!

5 comments :

  1. Congratulations, Karen!! I'm totally impressed and will be looking for your magazine in the bookstore. I'll put it on my bookshelf right next to 'your' issue of Cloth, Paper, Scissors... (I'm starting my own collection of your publications!) Way to go, Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...thanks! I'm hoping there will be more, but who knows??!! I just gotta take them as they come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I totally know your excitement, as I went through the same unbelief/'wow, are you kidding me?" kind of emotion when I was published recently in Jewelry Affaire. It is so much fun, and I wish you many more successes with Somerset Publishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, so exited for you! Isn't it a sweet feeling to find something like that in your mailbox?
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, that's great!!! What issue are you in?? I want see it! I just think the Somerset magazines are WONDERFUL. I sent some of my paper jewelry to Belle Armoire and they sent everything back from the bunch except one piece....they said they may use it in an upcoming issue in the "gallery section" (AKA, not a full layout, but a small snippet in the back...but I'm not complaining at all!!!)
    Diana, it sure is nice to come home to--especially if you weren't expecting it!!

    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

    ReplyDelete