Sunday, April 20, 2014

Land of the Living

I know.....I know.....I've been a bad girl and not posting in a LONG time!  I'll spare you the details, but it's been a crazy life since my last post in July, 2013.   Anyways, I'm back in the Land of the Living and I hope to be posting more nowadays.  I've been making my tin jewelry as usual, but I've really been hitting the sewing machine with my silly creatures.  I wanna share some of them with you!

I'm still using jeans and sweaters, but they've gotten a bit more embellished than my older Geeba Geebas!  If you've forgotten, Geeba Geeba has one meaning of "any silly little thing"---and they are just that!

I started using some cords and other colored jeans....they are a bright little trio!  The one with striped sweater hair was a favorite of mine!

I got lucky in Goodwill and found this fab pair of flowered maternity pants.  I knew what those had to be....twin girls!  Part of the fun is figuring out ways to embellish them.  I like the flowers on their heads!

Lightening struck twice when I found an equally cute pair of checked maternity pants....more twins!

There hasn't been a duo that tickled my funny bone as much as this pair, though.  They are made with a great Old Navy shirt that reminded me of one you may wear at the beach.  That's when I got the idea to make them "surfer dudes".  I used knotted twine hair for the girlie and a buzz cut with twine for the boy.  The hair reminds me of how crazy wild and dried out mine gets swimming among the waves!

Recently my monsters set up house at a local art exhibit in this old soda crate.  They were a cozy set of sardines in there, too!  See the bandits?  They are crafty little fellas scoping the scene.   







1 comment :

  1. You are so creative! I wait with anticipation when you are making these little guys! It's so fun to see what you'll come up with next! They have such character!
    SO glad you are back to blogging! I enjoy reading and seeing your posts!

    ReplyDelete