Monday, July 15, 2013

For The Love Of Turquoise!

It is around this time each year that I make a pilgrimage back to my pick of cities: St. Louis...where I lived before moving to small town Kentucky.  Yes, I miss it...yes, I wish I still lived there!!  This time, I seemed to be seeing the most delicious turquoise items EVER.  They were popping up everywhere and, since I was seeing a pattern develop day after day (when I was hitting every antique mall and flea market I passed!), I started taking pictures!!  Here is the most delightful little garden chair I've ever laid eyes on....out side of a quaint little eatery in New Harmony, Indiana.  I love it, don't you?!!

These books really caught my eye....look at all of the wonderful hues of sky blue and turquoise in there!  It made me want to just buy them all!!

These took my breath away and almost brought me to my knees!!  Aren't these the most STUNNING pair of end tables you've ever seen??  Look at all of that carving and design work--not to mention that the color of paint chosen for them is just gorgeous!!  Check out the turquoise piece in the background....and the top and hat on the mannequin, too!!  She has been perched somewhere in this mall for as long as it's been open...I wish someone would buy her!!!

 Pretty little side table in the window of "The White Rabbit" (stay tuned for that post!!)
Finally, I thought this desk was another great example of how turquoise paint can just liven up a piece and elevate it to something of beauty.  I want to pull up to it and write a good old fashioned letter with pretty postcards stashed in the drawers...no laptop, no printer, just fragments of nostalgia!!

No comments :

Post a Comment