Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Earring Addiction

Last night I went out into my cold garage (AKA "Ghetto Studio"!!) to make a COUPLE pairs of earrings.  I cranked up the heater (it's freezing here in Kentucky!!) and got going...but once I started, I couldn't seem to stop!!  These were hand-cut and weathered front and back.  Patina was added to the edges...my favorites for the evening!
I never seem to tire of this bright blue pattern....it makes me happy every time!  The bright blue beads are striking!
I recently came upon a beautiful Asian-inspired tin with two pretty geisha girls on it...and I was so taken with the patterns in their kimonos!  I knew when I saw them that I couldn't WAIT to get my shears on that tin!
Ahhh...my little "rebel" earrings of the evening!  These were cut from the bottom boarder of a vintage tea tin and beaten into submission (and this shape!!) with a hammer.  Boy, it felt good after a looonnnng day at work to take a hammer and beat something!!! LOL!  I love the gritty feel of these paired with the soft muted colors.  The dark spots came about when paint chipped off and patina was added.
Sweet earrings with the petite floral tin pieces free floating against brass rectangles.  I love the yellow beads, too!!! VISIT ME AT THEMADCUTTER.ETSY.COM AND ENJOY 20% OFF OF ANYTHING IN THE STORE UNTIL DEC. 3!!  ANY PIECE WILL COME WHIMSICALLY PACKAGED READY TO GIVE...OR SAVOR FOR YOURSELF!!



No comments :

Post a Comment