Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nose to the Grindstone




Yesterday I just wanted these pieces finished.....I'm not long on patience, as people who know me will tell you!  I think the wait was worth it because I am so pleased with the way they turned out!  I was in love with the tin and knew it would translate wonderfully to jewelry...sometimes you just know it the instant you see a piece of tin!  I can't decide which is my favorite.  Both pieces will soon be submitted to the "Kentucky Crafted" artist guild for consideration.  I sure hope they wow the judges!

2 comments :

  1. These are stunning pieces, Karen!! (I'm a bit envious of your tin jewelry-making skills, especially how you get to work with all of the "Pieces Passed", but I know I have my own photo jewelry to create.) You truly have a gift,and you've definitely got my vote for getting into Kentucky Crafted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ann!! I am hoping to wow the judges, but I know there are MANY gifted jewelry makers here in Kentucky. You should give the tin jewelry making a whirl...I know you would love it as much as I do!!

    ReplyDelete